Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Date

I don't usually kiss on the first date.
I have never kissed a girl on the first date, until today.

I dropped you off, slightly down the street from where you live.
You looked very beautiful, my hands were clammy.
I was nervous because I knew what I wanted to do, but I didn't know if I would do it.
We talked first, about whatever, family, who cares.
I was preoccupied.

Eventually the conversation, it came to a pause.
It was that pause that said-- it's now or never.
I unbuckled.
I leaned over for a hug.
I think it was our first hug, but I wasn't thinking about the hug, who cares.
I looked at you then and just did it.

It felt really right, and it ended way too quickly, almost before it started.
There was one beat, between that and you being gone for the evening.
But during that beat, it was the happiest you looked all day.
It was mutual, but who cares.



No comments:

Post a Comment