Monday, December 7, 2009

Let us talk about food for a minute.



Tonight I made Potato Pizza for dinner.
My world changed when I discovered this pizza.
I, like many, always thought pizza fell under a few strict guidelines--
It required tomato sauce, cheese, came piled with traditional pizza toppings, and hopefully tasted delicious.

When I was in grade 11 though, a couple of my friends on a couple separate occasions subjected me to an entirely new pizza experience: Potato Pizza.

What makes this pizza so delicious?
Well, instead of tomato sauce-- it is made with pesto sauce.
Instead of pepperoni or sliced tomatoes or pinapple-- it has roasted potatoes, caramalized onions, potentially roast garlic, and in the case of the one I made tonight-- sliced turkey.

This may sound weird, but I have yet to meet a person who has tried this pizza and not feel in love.
The flavour combination is unique and delightful-- quite reminiscent, but not quite the same as traditional pizza.

It is the twists on old classics that make life exciting and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment